We want to make sure you stay safe in Smeet. That’s why we’ve compiled the following tips on how to keep your identity and personal data secure:
1. Always be skeptical when strangers request to meet you in real life. If you really want to meet them, at least take a trusted friend with you. A good meeting place would be a public, well-visited, and busy place. Don’t meet the person at his or her house or somewhere private. Keep in mind, teens should never meet anyone without talking to their parents or guardians first.
2. Don’t believe everything you are told by other Smeeters.
3. Do not give out your personal information such as your e-mail address, MSN, ICQ, or other contact information in the public chat. This information can be easily misused! If you want to give someone your contact details, do it via a private internal message. If you are a teenager, keep in mind that you should never give out this personal information without speaking to a parent or guardian first.
4. Do not enter your address or telephone number in Smeet.com. Never give out this personal information online to someone in Smeet.com!
5. Please report Smeeters who behave inappropriately. This can take the form of posting inappropriate photos and messages, or using offensive language in live phone calls or chats. If an instance of behavior that violates our Code of Conduct is determined, the Smeeter will be immediately suspended from Smeet.com. In addition, we keep data such as IP addresses and timestamps in order to initiate legal action if deemed necessary.
6. Listen to your gut feelings. If you are uncomfortable having conversations with certain people, break them off or block all contact with that Smeeter immediately!
To report and block an offending user, simply click on their profile and on the bottom right corner are two options of reporting and blocking.
If you keep this advice in mind, you’ll find that Smeet is a really fun place to socialize with your friends. Your parents can also check out the “For Parents & Teachers” blog post for more valuable information. If they have any questions, they can contact safety [at] smeet [dot] com and we will respond as quickly as possible.